Reporting possible breaches of planning permission – Brightling, East Sussex – village website

If you think that something has been built without the necessary planning permission, you can report it to Rother District Council.  Before filling in the form, you should read the guidance.

You have to give your name and address when reporting it but the information is confidential – Rother will not reveal it to the landowner.

After you submit the form, Rother’s enforcement department will investigate.  If they think that there has been a breach of planning, the landowner will be told that they must submit a planning application.  This application will then be considered in the normal way, with the opportunity for the public to comment.

If planning permission is not granted, the landowner / developer can be forced to remove the building and reinstate the ground to its previous state.  However, this would be the culmination of a long legal process.