This has been mentioned before, but it is perhaps timely to remind people that you can get extra help during power cuts if anyone in your household meets one of the following conditions:
- If you are of pensionable age
- If you have children under five in your household
- If you rely on medical equipment
- If you have refrigerated medicines
- If you have a serious or chronic illness
- If you have a disability
- If you or someone you care for is living with dementia
- If you need extra support for a short time period (e.g. If you are recovering from medical treatment)
provided you pre-register with the power company (details below)
The extra help available
- a priority 24-hour phone number for communication,
- receive extra information and regular updates during any power cut.
In the event of a longer power cut you could receive
- hot food,
- hot drinks,
- hot water,
- mobile phone charging and more.
Those who rely on power to run medical equipment, such as dialysis or breathing apparatus, would also receive additional help.
They even say…”In certain scenarios we may also offer a free hotel overnight and transport to the hotel”
You only need one qualifying person in your household.
If you know someone who could benefit from this service but who is not likely to register for themselves (eg not good on-line), you can do it for them (with their permission).
To get more information, visit
At the bottom of that page there is a button which takes you through to the page where you can register. The way I read it, they want you to register in advance, so you would probably struggle to get the help if you do nothing now and wait until a power cut actually happens. It doesn’t matter who your “supplier” is (ie who you pay your bills to) – this is the place to register.
I’d be interested to hear if anyone ever manages to get that overnight hotel room.