Two years have flown past and it is once again time to hold our Auction of Promises to raise funds for the church.
The date is Friday 14th October 2016 at 7:30pm Please save the date and do come.
The auction will be held in the church at Brightling and the entrace fee of £10 will include supper and your first drink. There will be a pay bar thereafter.
Everyone is extremely welcome – there will be promises to suit every pocket.
If you have any promise to offer us, fantastic, please call me and they will be very gratefully received. If you can’t make that date it will be possible to leave bids in advance.
Any enquiries or for further information please call Biddy on 01424 838725 or 07985 930895.
Promises so far
- A sack of Layer’s Pellets
- Guided Walk round beautiful Rye Nature Reserve with Lunch for 2 people
- Dinner for 4 including wine! Date to be mutually agreed.
- A sack of Wild Bird Food
- A whole venison, butchered and freezer ready.
- A bottle of champagne.
- An exciting evening’s moth trapping next summer, 2017. We will set up a moth trap and discover what moths visit whilst you sleep! We will then release them unharmed once they have been identified.
- A dog gift pack
- 2 big round bales – delivered with a 10 mile radius please.
- A box full of surprises! Have fun unpacking this Pandora’s box.
- 1 load of manure- delivered with a 10 mile radius please.
- Two hours of GCSE or A level English tuition. Natasha is head of English at St Leonard’s, Mayfield.
- A load of logs- delivered with a 10 mile radius please.
- A morning’s flower arranging tuition for you and 5 of your friends – including a light lunch. Date to be mutually agreed.
- A cake – one of Caroline Siggs’s famous cakes.
- A Sunday Lunch for up to 10 people – bring your own wine. Date to be mutually agreed.
- Sketch of Brightling Church
- A chauffeur service to and from a local destination of your choice in a 1968 luxury Citroen Diesse
- A bread maker
- Let me transform your table or mantlepiece for Christmas. I will come and supply all greenery, flowers and candles to make a festive display.
- 12 mince pies. December delivery
- Gypsum Mine Tour for 4 people. Absolutely fascinating trip underground to see the mining works. Party must consist of over 18s and be able-bodied. Unmissable. Date to be mutually agreed.
- 1 Box of oven-ready pheasants (10 birds)
- Half lamb (butchered, vacuum-packed, frozen) locally bred and reared, 100% grass-fed
- Use of the Temple as a venue to host your own meal. Date to be mutually agreed.
- Racing for 2 at Goodwood with a champagne picnic
- Friday and Saturday night in a Mews House in London (Borough of Kensington and Chelsea). The house sleeps 6. We will put champagne and chocolates in the fridge; you book the theatre tickets. Date to be mutually agreed.
- 2 hours language tuition in either Spanish or German. Date and venue to be mutually agreed.
- Use of the Brightling Park Cricket Ground with facilities to do your own BBQ – date to be mutually agreed.
- A truck load of seasoned logs.
- A cake delivered to you once a month for a year – delivery to be within 10 miles please
- A night in Helena’s Shepherd’s Hut with a stunning view of the Temple – Breakfast is included! Date to be mutually agreed.
- Join one of Sarah Raven’s dinners at Sissinghurst Castle. The promise includes joining a private tour (with 60 other guests) of the garden guided by Sarah or Adam Nicholson or his sister Juliet Nicolson followed by a chance to wander at your leisure and then a 3 course dinner with wine prepared by the Perch Hill team. Dates are being finalised but most likely with option to choose from 28th June or 20th July. As a guide the price for next year is £100.
- A large pot of local honey
- A Sheepshaw Lamb, ready for the freezer – should be ready April/May 2017.
- 2 hours of language tuition in either French or Spanish. Date and venue to be mutually agreed.
- Two Carver Chairs. The chairs could be supplied flat pack or assembled and delivered free of charge within the TN post code area.
- A cinema night for 8 people with a very large 3 metre wide screen with overhead projector. You choose the film and we will provide ice creams, popcorn and drink.
- 5 one hour walks maximum 2 dogs (would normally cost £75). Date to be mutually agreed.
- 2 hours tennis coaching from a Level 2 LTA tennis coach – you provide the court – I’ll provide the coaching.
- A box of 10 huge pillowy Ottolenghi-recipe meringues with gooey centres – 5 muscovado, cinnamon and hazelnut and 5 rose and pistachio.
- A Friday and Saturday night in a One Bedroom Covent Garden Flat: 2 adults and 2 children max. Bottle of Champagne in the fridge